SQL Server is a relational database management system, or RDBMS, developed and marketed by Microsoft.
You'll need to allowlist Hightouch's IP addresses to allow our systems to contact your warehouse. Reference our docs to determine which IPs you need to allowlist.
In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.com/sources
Click "Add Source"
Select SQL Server, and click "Connect Source"
Enter your hostname (IP address or Azure hostname)
For Port, enter your port. This is 1433 by default.
For Database, enter your database name.
For Username, enter your SQL Server username.
For Password, enter your SQL Server password
Click "Test" to test the connection. Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page
- Log into your Azure Console Dashboard
- Click on "SQL databases"
- Select the SQL database that you want to update
- Click on "Set server firewall"
- Allowlist the Hightouch IPs listed above.
- Click save button in top upper left corner
- SSH tunnel: Hightouch will connect to your SQL Server via an SSH tunnel established from Hightouch's servers to a bastion server in your VPC.
- Reverse SSH tunnel: You will establish an SSH connection from a bastion server in your VPC to Hightouch's servers, and Hightouch will reuse that connection to connect to SQL Server.
- Connection issues with your data warehouse?
- Confusing API responses from destination systems?
- Unsupported destination objects or modes?
- Help with complex SQL queries?
Our team is relentlessly focused on your success. We're ready to jump on a call to help unblock you.
If you see something that's missing from our app, let us know and we'll work with you to build it!
We want to hear your suggestions for new sources, destinations, and other features that would help you activate your data.