Sync rich customer data from your data warehouse to hundreds of SaaS tools via Rudderstack's large integration library
To find the write key for your Rudderstack destination in Hightouch:
- Create a new HTTP API source in Rudderstack
- Navigate to Source Settings > API Keys and copy the "Write Key"
- Track (Generic): Sends events of different names when a record is added, changed, or removed in the query results
- Identify: Sends an identify event with related properties of the user
it's required to send either the user or anonymous ID to Rudderstack to identify the user associated with the event.
You can sync columns from your source into properties of the user (identify) or properties of the event (track).
For the two "Track" event types, Hightouch allows you to choose whether to:
- Send the initial set of results as track events
- Or, only send the changes between the results in the subsequent syncs as track events
Checking the "Send events for initial result set" checkbox will result in a large amount of events being sent in the first sync.
Hightouch will always send the initial set of results as identify calls when in the "Identify" event type.
For the generic track mode, there are further settings that are needed to determine which event name Hightouch will send to Rudderstack for each added, changed, and removed record.
In this example, Hightouch will send Rudderstack:
- A user signed up event when a record is added to the query results
- A user changed subscription event when a record is changed in the query results
- A user deleted account event when a record is removed in the query results
Hightouch allows you to send a timestamp that the event occurred for generic track events. This is useful for backfilling historical events.
Hightouch also allows you to send a message ID for each record to ensure that the event is deduplicated within Rudderstack in the case that the same event erroneously gets sent twice.