Hightouch lets you pull data stored in PlanetScale and push it to downstream destinations. Most of the setup occurs in the Hightouch UI, but you need access to PlanetScale for information like your hostname, database, and credentials.
You need to allowlist Hightouch's IP addresses to let our systems contact your warehouse. Reference our networking docs to determine which IPs you need to allowlist.
To get started, go to the Sources overview page and click the Add source button. Select PlanetScale and follow the steps below.
Configure your source
Enter the following required fields into Hightouch:
- Host: The hostname or IP address of your PlanetScale.
- Port: The port number of your PlanetScale. The default is 3306, but yours may be different.
- Database: The name of the database in your PlanetScale.
Provide your credentials
Enter the following fields into Hightouch:
- User: This can be your personal PlanetScale login or a dedicated user for Hightouch.
- (Optional) Password: The password for the user specified above.
Test your connection
When setting up PlanetScale as a source for the first time, Hightouch validates your credentials and access to your database. Once the test passes, click Continue to finish setup.
Once your source configuration has passed the necessary validation, you've completed setting up PlanetScale as a source. Next, you can set up models to define which data you want to pull from PlanetScale.
The PlanetScale source supports these modeling methods:
- writing a query in the SQL editor
- using the visual table selector
- leveraging existing dbt models