Last Updated: December 28, 2023
1. Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information our customers or prospects may provide to us through the Services or otherwise includes:
- Account and contact data, such as first and last name, username, password, email and mailing addresses, and phone number, that you may provide when you create an account with us or contact us for customer support.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data , such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
Third party sources.
- When you link, connect, or login to the Services with a third party service (e.g. Google, Microsoft or Single Sign-On), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, name, email address, photo, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- We may supplement the information that we collect from you (such as your email address) with additional information about you and your company obtained from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people and companies (including an individual's name, job title, business contact information, and company information). This helps us update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, our communications and other online Services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer's or mobile device's operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language preferences, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G).
- Online activity and usage data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, which links you choose to click, the website you visited before browsing to the Services, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Hightouch Slack app. The Hightouch Slack app alerts customers of the Reverse ETL product about the status of their Hightouch syncs, workspace extensions, and important customer actions such as approval requests. It also facilitates sending information into the customer's Slack workspaces as configured in the customer's Hightouch sync settings. The app collects user and channel IDs to deliver these messages and alerts to our customers who use the Hightouch Slack app.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Communicating with you about our Services. It is in our legitimate business interests to use personal information to respond to your requests, provide customer support, and communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
Improving, monitoring, personalizing, and protecting our Services. It is in our legitimate business interests to improve and keep our Services safe for our users, which includes:
- understanding your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications;
- troubleshooting, testing and research and to keep the Services secure; and
- investigating and protecting against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
Research and development. We may use personal information for research and development purposes in our legitimate business interests, including to analyze and improve the services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create or use aggregated, de-identified or other anonymized data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymized data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the services and promote our business.
Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing communications section below. Except where consent is required, we undertake such marketing on the basis of our legitimate business interests. Where we seek your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to comply with legal obligations, and it is in our legitimate business interests to use your personal information to defend us against legal claims or disputes, including to:
- protect our, your or others' rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the services;
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
3. How We Share Personal Information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, communications channels and website analytics services).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above. The disclosure of this information may constitute a data "sale" under certain privacy laws.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Hightouch or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. Privacy Rights And Choices
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you or by contacting us as provided in the "How to Contact Us" section below. You may continue to receive services-related and other non-marketing emails.
Personal information requests. We also offer you choices that affect how we handle the personal information that we control. Depending on your location and the nature of your interactions with our Services, you may request the following in relation to personal information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, readily usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide the Services or for other lawful purposes.
- Opt out of the sharing or processing of your personal data for targeted advertising purposes. To exercise this right, you can visit the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" link in the footer of our website.
- Additional rights , such as to object to and request that we restrict our use of personal information.
To make a request, please email us or write to us as provided in the "How to Contact Us" section below or use our webform. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled to empower an "authorized agent" to submit requests on your behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Limits on your privacy rights and choices. In some instances, your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights. If you are not satisfied with how we address your request, you may submit a complaint by contacting us as provided in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Right to complain. Depending on where you reside, such as if you reside in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, you may have the right to complain to a data protection regulator where you live or work, or where you feel a violation has occurred. Click here to find your local supervisory authority.
We use applicants' information to facilitate our recruitment activities, process employment applications and personalize candidate communication, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We also use successful applicants' information to administer the employment relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants' information to improve our Service and for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
5. Other Sites And Services
The Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
7. International Data Transfer
You will provide personal information directly to our website in the United States. We may also transfer personal information to our affiliates and service providers in the United States and other jurisdictions. Please note that such jurisdictions may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws in your home country.
When we engage in cross-border data transfers, we will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for personal information and we will comply with applicable data protection laws, in particular by relying on an EU Commission or UK government adequacy decision or on contractual protections for the transfer of personal information. For more information about how we transfer personal information internationally, please contact us as set out in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
9. Retention Of Personal Information
Where required under applicable laws, we retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which we use personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
11. How To Contact Us
Contact us. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights with respect to your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
2261 Market Street #5225, San Francisco, CA 94114, United States.
EEA and UK Representative Contact Information. For individuals in the EEA and the UK, we have appointed:
- VeraSafe Ireland Ltd as our EEA data representative, which you can contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at Unit 3D North Point House, North Point Business Park, New Mallow Road, Cork, T23AT2P, Ireland; and
- VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd as our UK representative, which you can contact by email at email@example.com, or by post at 37 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TL, United Kingdom.