Sync customer segments to Adobe Target
|Type||Description||Supported Sync Modes||API Reference|
|Profiles||Create and update visitor profile attributes||Upsert||Profiles|
For more information about sync modes, refer to the sync modes docs.
To generate the required authentication credentials to connect Adobe Target to Hightouch, follow these instructions:
- Go to your Adobe admin console.
- Select Create new project > Add API > Adobe Target and click Next.
- Select the Service account (JWT) authentication method. Choose whether to generate a new key pair or to upload your own public key. Once done, click Next, and choose your product profiles.
- Go to APIs > Adobe Target > Download for Postman.
- Import the newly downloaded environment into Postman.
- In the new Postman environment, paste the newly downloaded private key into the PRIVATE_KEY variable.
- Download or copy this Postman collection and import.
- Open the JWT Deprecated folder and select JWT Generate + Request Access Token.
- Select the environment created from the first Postman import and click the Run button.
- Go to the environment again, and API_KEY and ACCESS_TOKEN should be populated. You will need the API_KEY value to connect to Adobe Target.
Check out Adobe's documentation for more details about this procedure.
Go to the Destinations overview page and click the Add destination button. Select Adobe Target and click Continue. You can then authenticate Hightouch to Adobe Target by entering the following required fields into Hightouch:
- Tenant ID: Your tenant ID can be found in your Adobe Target URL, for example,
- Client Code: Your client code can be found in the Adobe Experience Cloud under Target > Administration > Implemenation.
- Technical Account ID
- IMS (Identity Management System)
- IMS Org
- Meta Scope
- API Key
- Client Secret
- Private Key
Apart from Tenant ID and Client Code, you can find all other values by accessing the Postman environment you previously configured.
Make sure to access the Profile API slide in your Adobe Target settings and enable the Require Authentication toggle. Then click Generate New Profile Authentication Token. You don't need to use the profile authentication token when setting up an Adobe Target destination in Hightouch, but generating a new token is required by Adobe. You can find more details about this in Adobe Target's documentation.
Once you've set up your Adobe Target destination and have a model to pull data from, you can set up your sync configuration to begin syncing data. Go to the Syncs overview page and click the Add sync button to begin. Then, select the relevant model and the Adobe Target destination you want to sync to.
Syncing to Adobe Target's Bulk Profile API lets you manage visitor profile attributes with data typically stored in cookies or third-party apps.
To match rows from your model to profiles in Adobe Target, you need to select a model column and corresponding Adobe Target field. You can match on any of the following Adobe Target fields:
- thirdPartyId (recommended)
You can map data from any of your model columns to fields in Adobe Target. Ensure the data type of your model column matches the data type of the field you want to sync to.
The delete behavior you select dictates what to do when a row no longer appears in your model's query results. You have the following options:
|Do nothing||Keep the profile in Target|
|Clear||Keep the profile in Target and clear fields managed by Hightouch|
Profiles can be matched from your warehouse to your Adobe Target destination using the pcID or a third party ID. If you selected a model column that isn't unique, the incorrect profile may be updated.
If you encounter an error or question not listed below and need assistance, don't hesitate to . We're here to help.
Failed to authenticate to Adobe Target: 400 - Invalid request: authentication is disabled for current client
As explained in the Connect to Adobe Target section, make sure to access the Profile API slide in your Adobe Target settings and enable the Require Authentication toggle. Then click Generate New Profile Authentication Token. You don't need to use the profile authentication token when setting up an Adobe Target destination in Hightouch, but generating a new token is required by Adobe. You can find more details about this in Adobe Target's documentation.
Hightouch provides complete visibility into the API calls made during each of your sync runs. We recommend reading our article on debugging tips and tricks to learn more.
Hightouch can alert you of sync issues via Slack, PagerDuty, SMS, or email. For details, please visit our article on alerting.