Hightouch exposes a REST API that lets users interact with resources like syncs, models, sources and destinations. Though the REST API is open to all Hightouch users, we aim to build features so you don't need to rely on it directly. For example, Git Sync lets you manage orchestration programmatically.
If you're looking to create a custom destination, it's best to use the HTTP Request destination as your base. If you find you still need to use the REST API directly, about your use case.
To start using the API, you must first create and retrieve an API key from your workspace.
Create an API key
- From the API keys tab on the Settings page, select Add API key.
- Enter a descriptive Name for your key.
- Copy your API key and store it in a safe location. The key will only be displayed once.
- Click Create API key.
Once you have an API key, you can follow the API Reference documentation to start using the API.
Revoke an API key
Your API key provides read/write access to sensitive Hightouch resources and should be kept secure. If you believe your API key may have been compromised, revoke it immediately.
- From the API keys tab on the Settings page, select the API key or keys you want to revoke.
- Select Delete selected.
- In the modal that appears, select Delete.