This represents a placeholder destination that doesn't send data anywhere. Records are still queried, processed, and logged just as if they were sent to a real destination.
Though Hightouch doesn't send data to any third-party destination, running a sync to this destination means that:
- The sync still appears in the Syncs page.
- You can use the in-app live debugger to observe sync runs.
- You can view sync logs in Warehouse Sync Logs.
You can use this to log data and perform audits. Use cases include:
- Testing and reviewing model query results in the debugger
- Holdout groups for audience Splits, to include the holdout group in Sync Logs
- Setting up Alerts on query errors to receive warnings at a higher frequency than you may wish to schedule concrete data syncs
This destination doesn't require any configuration.