To set up identity resolution rules, you must first configure your input models and select the appropriate identifiers. Please review the information in the Model Configuration page before proceeding.
This page goes through the merge and limit rule configuration:
Merge rules instruct Hightouch how should it should try to find connections between records. For example, two users may have the same
You can build complex merge rules using the merge rule builder to nest
Hightouch supports the following comparison operators:
- Levenshtein distance (90% match ratio)
- Levenshtein distance (70% match ratio)
- Jaro-Winkler distance (90% confidence)
- Jaro-Winkler distance (70% confidence)
- Phonetic (Soundex)
You can also use Hightouch's out-of-the-box transformations / data cleaning mechanisms to improve the likelihood of accurate matches:
- Case insensitive
- Normalize (convert multiple consecutive spaces to a single space and remove spaces from the beginning and end of strings)
- Number (ignore non-numeric characters)
Limit rules allow you to prevent merging records if they would violate some business rule that is important to your data.
For example, if you never want to merge two records if they have different
user_id values, then you can specify a limit rule of 1
user_id per record.