Performance is currently available for select customers who are actively using Customer Studio. Please if you'd like to be considered for early access.
Suppose you've just built a new audience of users and deployed them to a campaign. The question becomes: how has my audience reacted to that new campaign? The Performance feature enables you to define success metrics and measure your audience against them, all within Hightouch.
With Performance, you can define success metrics such as:
- Number of subscription sign-ups
- Number of inactive users who've recently logged back in
Performance also works seamlessly with Hightouch Splits. You can set up an A/B test within Hightouch, see how each split group performs, and determine a winner.
You can define metrics off of any event in your data schema. Metrics are defined on a parent-model basis, and you can enable them on any audience built off the parent model.
To create a metric:
- Go to the Settings > Workspace page and enable Snapshot audiences. Click Save.
- Go to the Schema > Settings page and open the Metrics tab. Click Add metric.
- Select the Parent model to which the metric should belong.
- Select the Event in your schema that this metric should track.
- Select the metric's Aggregation type, for example
- If you choose
SUM, you need to select which event column to Sum by. For example, for a revenue metric, you may want sum by the price column on purchase events.
- (Optional) Add any relevant filter conditions so the metric only tracks certain instances of an event. The image below defines a metric that tracks all purchases where the brand is "Nike" and the category is "Athletic."
- (Optional) Add an Attribution window. This is the number of days after someone leaves an audience that you still want to count their events in that audience's performance. For example, if you choose an attribution window of five days, a purchase made by a customer three days after they leave the audience still counts towards the audience's performance. The default value is zero. This means that events that occur after an audience member has left an audience are not part of the metric calculation.
- Give the metric a name and description. Click Save.
- You're taken to the metric's overview page. Once you've created it, it will be enabled by default. You can always disable it by using the toggle on the top right of the page.
Enable and view metrics
To enable metric computations for a specific audience, go to the audience's overview page, open the Performance tab and toggle Enable performance tracking.
For a metric to be available for an audience, the metric must be defined on the audience's parent model.
From now on, Hightouch computes enabled metrics for that audience daily, and you can see updated values in the Performance tab.
Hightouch only computes metrics starting from when you enable them. After toggling Enable performance tracking for the first time, it may take up to 24 hours to see data on the performance graphs.